The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a recognised qualification which is designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers within an educational setting. Learners who successfully complete this qualification will gain a further knowledge on aspects of planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning. Whilst doing this, students will learn about theories and principles in education and training and demonstrate them in their practice. Learners will also carry out research into professionalism in education and training and consider their impact on their role as a fully qualified teacher.
Assessment and delivery
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observation of teaching or training. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 24 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Furthermore, learners will be observed for a total of 8 sessions (minimum 1 hour) during the course to assess the practical elements of the qualification. The sessions can be done on any topic, preferably the subject that the student specialises in.
Who should do this course?
This qualification is suitable for those who want the opportunity to explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching and learning alongside developing practical teaching skills. Furthermore, this course is also aimed at individuals who work or who want to work as teachers in the further education and skills sector. The qualification can also be ideal for those who are currently teaching and are seeking career progression in their area of work.
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Inclusive practice
- Teaching in a specialist area
- All learners must have access to 100 hours of teaching
- Students must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
- You must be in-service or delivering sessions voluntarily – you will be observed in your workplace setting
- Good reading and writing skills in English
- Learners should be qualified/experienced in the subject they intend to teach.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!