Gaining Your QTLS
Introduction to QTLS status
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is a professional status that you can gain by successfully completing professional formation.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is a professional statuses that you can gain by successfully completing professional formation.
Professional formation is a process that enables you to demonstrate the effective use of skills and knowledge in your professional practice that is required to achieve QTLS status.
- QTLS status is recognised in law as equal to QTS for teaching in schools
- Career progression: QTLS status demonstrates your commitment, skills and knowledge to employers
- Recognition of your status as a professional teacher or trainer
- Valuable continuing professional development (CPD) that builds confidence and enhances your skills
- Members with QTLS can use these initials as a designation
If you wish to achieve a QTLS you are required to achieve a recognised qualifications such as Education and Training Level 5